SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN QUESADILLA
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (divided)
- 2 fully packed cups of raw spinach
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes (boiled until tender & mashed)
- 2 full cups black beans, soaked (overnight) and cooked on a low boil for 60minutes and then chopped in food processor.
- 1 medium size yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or your preferred Tamari or soy sauce)
- Sea salt to taste!
- 10 of your favorite tortillas (I use Ezekiel's whole grain tortillas-- no preservatives, all organic ingredients and super tasty!)
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable brother in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, cumin and coriander. Sauté until onion is translucent, about one minute.
- Add in remaining ingredients-- the rest of the vegetable broth, spinach, black beans, mashed sweet potato and Bragg's. Mix thoroughly and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with sea salt to your taste.
- Place about 1/2 cup of mixture onto one tortilla, so that it is spread evenly across entire surface. Place another tortilla on top and on medium heat, toast the now quesadilla in a lightly oiled skillet (or non-stick pan), until golden crisp!
- Cut into four pieces and top with your favorite salsa and avocado slices and for a real treat, drizzle cashew cheeze over the top!
- Yields 5 quesadillas (four pieces a serving)